classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Session serialised form breaking change with 1.3.0

Kevin Richards
Hi,

It looks like if your are using the ClientSideSessionConfig 1.3.0 introduces an annoying breaking change.  

If you have a session cookie created with 1.2.0 and then deploy your app with 1.3.0.  The cookies cause the application to blow up with:

java.io.InvalidClassException: ratpack.session.internal.DefaultSession$SerializedForm; local class incompatible: stream classdesc serialVersionUID = 1, local class serialVersionUID = 2

I think it would be good to update the Release notes to warn about this.

Any suggestions on handling it?

Cheers
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Session serialised form breaking change with 1.3.0

Kevin Richards
Realised the simplest solution is to change the cookie name for the release.
Reply | Threaded
|

Luke Daley
Administrator
This was an oversight on my part. Apologies.

I have updated the 1.3.0 release notes. I have also listed an alternative workaround on https://github.com/ratpack/ratpack/issues/945.
kev
Reply | Threaded
|

kev
In reply to this post by Kevin Richards

No problem. I can see how it could be easily overlooked.

Just wanted to make other people aware. It bit us 5 minutes before our weekly release showcase, and then actually in our showcase. We got unlucky not seeing it earlier, but at least we spotted it before it went to production.

Cheers

On 27 Apr 2016 21:13, "Kevin Richards [via Ratpack Forum]" <[hidden email]> wrote:
Realised the simplest solution is to change the cookie name for the release.

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://forum.ratpack.io/Session-serialised-form-breaking-change-with-1-3-0-tp1489p1490.html
To unsubscribe from Session serialised form breaking change with 1.3.0, click here.
NAML

Confidentiality notice

This communication is from Energized Work, a private Ltd. company registered in England & Wales with Reg No: 06271339 having its registered office at KD Tower, Suite 8, Cotterells, Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire, HP1 1FW.

This electronic message contains information which may be privileged and confidential. The information is intended to be for the use of the individual(s) or entity named above. If you are not the intended recipient be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this information is prohibited. If you have received this electronic message in error, please notify us by telephone or e-mail as above immediately.