classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Support HystrixMetricsStreamServlet for Ratpack-Hystrix

Syntax
Hi *,

Will be there any HystrixMetricsStreamServlet support in Ratpack Hystrix for Hystrix-dashboard ?

Thanks,
Syntax
rus
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Support HystrixMetricsStreamServlet for Ratpack-Hystrix

rus
There won't be integration with that servlet because Ratpack doesn't support the servlet spec. However, there will be support added to stream the metrics out so they can be consumed by the hystrix dashboard. Essentially this support is to provide an SSE steam and you can follow the progress by watching issue #346. There are some pre cursor tasks I'm working on first.

Meanwhile I think you can consume them via the codahale support but I haven't tried it.
Reply | Threaded
|

Danny Hyun
I love the responsiveness of this project. As I discovered the hystrix dashboard I was thinking how nice it would be to have the stream integrated.
Reply | Threaded
|

Syntax
In reply to this post by rus
Thanks, i will watching the progress or i will try to implement by my self. By the way , is there any roadmap or release plan for Ratpack ?

codehale hystrix ? you mean that : https://github.com/Netflix/Hystrix/tree/master/hystrix-contrib/hystrix-codahale-metrics-publisher ?

rus
Reply | Threaded
|

rus
I wouldn't try to implement this yet. I've done lots of the hard work already and hoping to get this done for the next release.  The implementation is part of a wider strategy to deal with streaming in general.

Yes, that's the hystrix-codahale integration I was referring to. I think this means you should be able to stream metrics out using the ratpack-codahale-metrics publishers. Although I doubt the hystrix dashboard can consume them that way.

In terms of the roadmap, this is a quote from Luke's latest blog post

With regards to the Roadmap, there is no ETA for 1.0. We will continue to release a new version on the first of each month for the foreseeable future. Once we are happy with the core API (and documentation) we will go 1.0 and freeze the API in terms of breaking changes. The more people use Ratpack and the more we get feedback, the quicker this is going to happen. Also, we are always looking for more contributors.

rus
Reply | Threaded
|

rus
In reply to this post by Syntax
This is now done in 0.9.9-SNAPSHOT, you can see how to use it in example-books
Reply | Threaded
|